We believe in a holistic approach that provides the most effective, modern and clinically proven manual techniques for treating our patients’ needs, including:
The cornerstone of chiropractic health treatment, the “adjustment” is a painless procedure that restores normal motion to joints that have become restricted or “locked”. Numerous scientific studies have proven the efficacy, safety, cost-effectiveness and high levels of patient satisfaction of spinal manipulation. As a result, it is one of only two treatment protocols given the highest recommendation for the treatment of low back pain by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- often referred to as “muscle stim,” involves low levels of electrical impulses delivered to the injured, painful tissues to reduce pain and speed healing. Often described as a tingling sensation, or “electrical massage,” these impulses stimulate the body to release natural pain relievers that reduce pain and inflammation, thereby promoting faster healing of the injured tissues.
- is a therapeutic procedure that utilizes sound waves to treat injured muscles, joints and soft tissues. The sound waves vibrate the tissues back and forth for a deep, micro-massage effect that decreases inflammation and accelerates healing by stimulating the activity of the cells responsible for cellular and tissue repair.
- Decompression Therapy
- reduces pressure on cervical (neck) or lumbar (lower back) discs. It also effectively diminishes joint and nerve pain, as well as pressure and inflammation, caused by bulging or herniated discs.
- Cryotherapy or ice therapy
- when precisely targeted, works by constricting blood flow to the tissue of the affected area. As part of an integrated treatment plan, it can help reduce swelling, pain and muscular spasms.
Dr. DiDomenico was trained at the National College of Chiropractic, and is certified to perform acupuncture under the Illinois Medical Practice Act. Some benefits of acupuncture include:
- Pain relief for acute and chronic conditions
- Decrease stress and anxiety
- Accelerate the healing process
- Aid in smoking cessation
- Relieve acute and chronic sinus congestion
- Complement other treatments for internal disorders Acupuncture restores the Qi (pronounced “chee”) flows within the body for a state of improved health and decreased pain. It is a completely safe procedure that most patients find painless.
Dr. DiDomenico has completed extensive postgraduate training (including seminars in Chicago, as well as in the Czech Republic) in the field of manual medicine and exercise rehabilitation. Whether you suffer from an acute injury or chronic pain, a rehabilitation program will be customized to meet your individual needs. We employ a teamwork approach, with you as an equal participant, empowering you to take an active role in regaining your health, performance and wellness.
Your feet are the “foundation” of your health. Problems in the feet can set off a chain reaction of symptoms, including irregular gait, arch pains, knee pain, back pain and even headaches. Custom-made orthotics are successful in treating pains associated with day-to-day activities and some sports activities.
The potential benefits of massage therapy are numerous: Reduction in muscle tension and pain, as well as stress, anxiety and blood pressure; improved circulation and elimination of toxins; facilitated recovery from injury. Our massage therapists are licensed by the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), the largest and most respected organization representing the profession.